Our Wellness Advocates are here to support you through your health journey.
Acupuncture specifically helps ease aches and pains in the body by identifying and treating the source of the pain rather than the symptom. It originated in China and has grown in popularity in the United States over the past two decades. Acupuncture involves the use of very fine needles to stimulate the body’s natural healing and restore energy patterns. Some conditions may call for additional electrical stimulation to enhance the effects. Heat therapy may also be utilized. These acupuncture points are located along channels of energy, called meridians, which run in regular patterns through the body.
The Benefits of Acupuncture
Acupuncture has health benefits that can ease symptoms of the following medical problems:
- Digestive disorders, such as gastritis and hyperacidity, spastic colon, constipation and diarrhea
- Respiratory disorders, such as sinusitis, sore throat, bronchitis, asthma and recurrent chest infections
- Neurological and muscular disorders, such as facial tics, neck pain, rib neuritis, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, various forms of tendinitis, low back pain, sciatica and osteoarthritis
- Headaches, especially migraines
- Urinary, menstrual and reproductive problems
- Physical problems related to stress and emotional conditions
- Post-surgery pain
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Fibromyalgia, or widespread pain and tenderness of muscle and soft tissue
Sun Health Wellness is an organization located in the West Valley that’s open to the entire community. Our acupuncture services are available to anyone who wishes to participate—there’s no membership required. Most of our services are covered by insurance plans, but if not, we offer them at a low, out-of-pocket cost. We encourage you to reach out to our team today to learn more, or to schedule an appointment.